How SOX works with Municipalities
For The Best Management Practices
Hillsides and shorelines can provide scenic outlooks and much needed beauty for municipalities when properly maintained. Eroded hillsides and shorelines on the other hand can be a safety hazard and massive budget draw. Our bioengineered SOX Erosion Solutions™ system is a cost-efficient and long-lasting solution for municipal canals, creeks, lakes, ponds and seawalls that will improve residential areas, prevent road closures, keep bodies of water clearer, reduce flood damage and promote vegetation and wildlife.
SOX was designed using the Best Management Practices (BMPs) of erosion control solutions.
How does it work?
When you contact SOX, you’ll speak to a technical expert who will go through your requirements. You will then be connected with one of our certified service providers who will contact you to arrange a meeting. The CSP will carry out an inspection of your land, and will then inform you of the work that needs to be carried out and the options available.
The Benefits/Best Management Practices
- The erosion control device must provide strength and integrity to support newly established vegetation.
- The device must wick and retain water and nutrients to effectively support the health of newly established vegetation.
- The device must provide safe ingress and egress zones for wildlife and aquatic life.
- The device must contain appropriate organic material to provide safe and effective biodegradability, without causing additional contamination to nearby waterways.
- The device must provide filtration of unwanted nutrients and pollutants in order to protect the water quality.