SOX, LLC™ EROSION SOLUTIONS
SOX, LLC™ Erosion Solutions has mastered erosion control and restoration of living shorelines and hillsides, with its suite of patented, bioengineered erosion control solutions that are stable, long-lasting and compliant with all BMP’s (Best Management Practices).
Our SOX family has been providing environmental services for waterways and natural areas since 1992. We have an exemplary reputation with government agencies, builders, developers, property managers and homeowner associations.
We are headquartered in Delray Beach, Florida and serve clients throughout the U.S and Canada. Distributorships are available.
SOX, LLC™ Erosion Solutions has mastered erosion control and restoration of living shorelines and hillsides. Our designs and installations thrive in harmony with the principles of physics and the unwavering laws of nature.
- Immediately halts soil erosion and stabilizes shorelines and hillsides
- Long lasting results that continue to improve over time
- Superior buffering and filtering results in improved waterways and ecosystems
- Biodegradable and photo-degradable materials naturally degrade over a planned period
- Exceptional water retention and wicking properties for vigorous growth of new vegetation
- The only erosion control system that encompasses the shore bank and integrates into the shore bank literally becoming part of the earth.
- Uses locally sourced organic fill
- Available in many lengths and able to follow natural contours of shoreline
- Solves slope problems with no need for shoddy stacking of materials
- Broad coverage – one linear foot of ShoresoxTM provides approximately 5 1/2 square feet of coverage
- Lightweight materials allow ShoresoxTM to be shipped at a fraction of the cost of commonly used erosion products
- ShoresoxTM can be hand carried to the installation site with no heavy machinery that would cause collateral damage to the existing environment.
- Attaches directly to “intact” shore bank NOT to unstable shore bed
- Provides for backfilling of additional growth fill materials and new vegetation
- Allows Shoresox™ to be re-tensioned whenever necessary
- Subsurfaces/ below ground stakes virtually eliminates injury liability to humans and animals
- System actually “self-tightens” due to its ability to manage incredible weight displacement
Shoreline Erosion Control Using Shoresox
It is important to have erosion control so the shoreline can be protected. There are some practices that will actually increase the rate of erosion. There practices are not recommended and will cost even more money to fix. The types of methods are “soft” that are more natural and the “hard” methods are more structural.
Shoresox is the safest method because eco-friendly resources are used and work effectively. It is also simple to use and can be re-tensioned whenever necessary. There are only four steps that have to be performed to complete the process.
The design is bio-engineered to be Eco-friendly and not harm the environment and comes in any length. Because of this, the buffering and filtering will improve the ecosystem and waterways. The water retention and wicking properties allow new vegetation to grow at a rapid rate. He way the system is set up, the erosion control will encompass the shore bank. That means the shore bank will become part of the earth.
Erosion Control Best Management Practices (BMPs)
The primary objectives of an erosion control system are to immediately arrest sediment loss by stabilizing the shoreline or hillside and re-establish native aquatics plants and upland vegetation.
Proper vegetation with hearty root systems serve to protect shorelines and hillsides from erosion. Healthy vegetation also provides the natural buffering and filtering needed to ensure clean waterways and healthy aquatic eco-systems.
The erosion control industry promotes a set of generally accepted guidelines called, Best Management Practices (BMPs). Most governing agencies and municipalities have formalized BMPs that must be adhered to when conducting erosion management or restoration activities. These must also be followed to mitigate the risk of erosion during construction or related activities.
SOX, LLC Erosion Solutions operates by adhereing to BMPs and rises above industry standards for careful attention to the environment during installation and to producing projects tha are stable, long-lasting natural shorelines and hillsides.